Note: The Declaration recorded with Salt Lake County, which governs the Aztec, restricts the number of condominium units in the building which may be leased to non-owners. The cap is set at 20% of the units in the building. At this time, The Aztec is at capacity for the number of units which may be leased.
A chronological list is maintained by the HOA of owners waiting to lease their condominiums. Condominium units which are presently leased units will stay as leased units until they are sold, or the owner or a family member occupies the unit. If an owner in the future develops an income hardship, an exception to this rule may be granted by the board of trustees.
- The owner of the unit must coordinate a meeting with the lessee and the building manager to obtain security keys and register with the HOA. All lessees must meet with the board of trustees, so the HOA is aware of who is living in the building for security and safety records.
- The term of the initial lease shall be not less than one year.
- The lease must specifically identify all tenants residing in the unit.
- Daily and weekly rentals are prohibited.
- The owner of the unit will provide the HOA a signed and dated copy of the lease agreement with the new tenant(s) for the unit.
- Leased units shall be designated as “non smoking” in their respective leases.
- No pets are allowed in leased units
- Owners of the leased units will be financially responsible for nuisance violations that their tenants create at The Aztec. A standardized nuisance policy is enforced as follows: (the violation fines will escalate for each subsequent offense. The offenses can be unrelated.)
- Warning on first violation. Warning attached to tenantʼs door and owner notified in writing of violation.
- $100.00 fine on second violation Notice of the fine levied will be attached to the tenantʼs door and fine will be collected from the owner.
- $250.00 fine on third violation. Notice of the fine levied will be attached to the tenantʼs door and fine will be collected from the owner.
- $500.00 fine and automatic eviction on 4th violation. Notice of the fine levied will be attached to the tenantʼs door and fine will be collected from the owner. The owner will be responsible for evicting the tenant within 30 days. If the owner does not evict the renter at this point, the owner will be fined $500.00 per month until their tenant has left The Aztec.
- The owner of the leased unit is responsible for coordinating all activities of the tenant at The Aztec. The owner of the unit is responsible for conveying all rules and regulations of the HOA to the tenant. Lessees must direct concerns regarding living in The Aztec through the owner or leasing agent, not to the HOA office. The HOA office is a “home ownerʼs” association, not a leasing service agency. If you have a leased unit in the building, you must be an active landlord working as an interface between your tenant and the HOA.
- Ownerʼs may not grant their tenants the power to act on the ownerʼs behalf in dealing with the homeowners association.